Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Making Pumpkin Pie in Ms. Shamanski's class


written by Jake and Elin

We had pumpkins in our gardens, but these pumpkins came from the store.  We started by opening up the pumpkin.  We took out the goop, it felt gushy.  We counted all of the seeds in the pumpkin to see how many there were.  We had roasted seeds for our party.  There were 499 seeds!!!  We had to cut the pumpkin, piece by piece.  Then we cooked it to make it nice and smushy.  Once it was smushy, we took the hot stuff from the middle of the pumpkin out.  We mixed it with a blender.  We put some of the outside skin in the blender too.  We had to add white creamy stuff like milk into the pumpkin mix.  We needed ginger too!  Then we added cinnamon. Next, we poured it into tart shells to make mini pumpkin pies!  We made whipped cream too, you need whipped cream for the top of your pumpkin pie!

It tasted good!  It tasted fantastic as well!  It was fun and yummy!

2 comments:

  1. When I came in to your room on the day you made your pumpkin pie, I couldn't believe how busy all of you were! It smelled so yummy in your classroom and in the school. Thank you for bringing me one of your mini pies. I love pumpkin pie and I think your pie was the best I have ever had! Thank you to all of my "little pumpkins"!

    ReplyDelete